1. Most iris are tall and look great in the back of the border.
2. Iris foliage looks pretty all year long.
3. They are easy care and bloom in average soil.
4. Iris have a sweet scent.
5. Iris come in all sorts of colors and color combos
6. If you plant lots of varieties, you can have iris blooming for quite a while. Some even bloom again in the fall.
7. Iris clumps are easy to divide giving you lots more plants at no cost. September is the ideal month to divide them here in the midwest.
8. The tall spiky foliage contrasts nicely with a lot of smaller mounding plants making it an ideal companion.
9. Iris usually have few pest problems.
10. Iris will make you happy!
I got the solid color purple iris from my grandma (we called her Nanny) and it always makes me remember her when it blooms. Thanks Nanny for passing your love of flowers to me!
Have a great day, xoxo Jean